I started this little revamp back in December and finally got around to finishing it this week. Oops. Better late than never?
For a while, I’ve been on a roll with revamping and upcycling things I own – from little containers to my mirror to my cabinets. I’m not very good at buying new things because I tend to feel guilty. I kinda live by “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. Why replace if they’re still usable and working? At this point, I’ve just gotten accustomed to revamping everything I own. It’s become my thing.
This little guy I decorated back in elementary school. I got it in some kind of kit with markers and stickers, and I felt a little embarrassed still using to this day when it screams “hey, I’m 11”. Doesn’t really fit my current life interests…
So, I gathered random supplies. I had a basic idea of how I wanted to fix this, but mostly winged it. Those are the main supplies I used for this revamp, plus a few others here and there.
The largest most elaborate plan was the wrap around the body of the container. I knew I wanted to embroider that, so I drew out a design and embroidered it with black thread. I painted the bottom of the base with black fabric paint, and painted the inside with black acrylic paint.
For the lid, I wanted it to be a bit different and found a pretty natural colored fabric and glued it on. Wrapping around the bottom of the lid I followed the same embroidery plan to tie everything in together.
I really winged it till last minute. Even with that being the case, I really like how it came out. I’ve decided to use it to store my hair ties and whatnot. This so fits my current life interests fo’ sho’. 👍
Like This Post!